- Category: News
- Published on Friday, 26 February 2016 10:13
- Written by Admin
- Hits: 1250
Report of the 16th IARU Conference and general IARU matters
1. The 16th
IARU Region 3 conference was held in Bali, Indonesia from 12‐16
2. MARTS was represented by president Tn. Hj. Aris, 9M2IR and assistant
secretary, Sion Chow, 9M2CQC.
3. Treasurer, Rabin, 9W2PD and Dr. Chow, 9M2CCO also joined in as observers.
4. MARTS presented its society report at this conference for the first time since
at least year 2004. We are not able to check if earlier representatives did
submit any reports due to lack of archival information on the IARU website.
5. All submitted reports, working documents and full report of the conference
can be downloaded and viewed at http://iaru‐r3.org/16th‐triennial‐
6. MARTS supported Taiwan’s proposal under sub‐working group 2 for the
harmonization of worldwide 2M APRS frequency. This would be beneficial as
it could aid propagation studies, establish a one common APRS frequency
that will be beneficial for visiting amateurs and etc. MARTS is pleased to
inform that IARU directors has started work on this proposal in Region 1.
7. MARTS under sub‐working group 2 also re‐iterated the need to maintain the
emergency CoA frequency especially on lower NVIS bands such as 80m and
40m that are packed with activities most of the time.
8. A new worldwide amateur allocation on a secondary basis from 5351.5‐
5366.5 kHz (60m) was announced during WRC‐15 with a power restriction
of 15 Watts EIRP.
9. Last year, a few cubesats and microsatellites were launched with its uplink
and downlink frequencies falling outside the satellite sub‐band in particular
on 2m. MARTS is pleased to note that IARU re‐iterated that it would only
coordinate amateur satellite frequencies that are within the satellite sub‐
10.MARTS also held discussions with representative of a few countries about
reciprocal licensing and we are working towards making this a success.
11. Below is MARTS’ society report presented to IARU that we will go through
Sion Chow, 9M2CQC
MARTS AGM 27th
--> FULL VERSION REPORT BELOW.